Flats & Lenses
and lenses have an enormous variety of uses. These range from
reference surfaces to astronomy related applications. We produce
customised flats, lenses and mirrors according to customers' needs
The ACPO has full fabrication capabilities, including cutting,
edging, grinding and polishing. We work with a variety of different
materials and can polish ceramics, crystals, glass and metal.
Additionally, we have the ability to coat these surfaces with
a wide variety of substances (metallic and dielectric) and thicknesses.
We also provide full surface metrology testing and certification.
Teflon lap polishing machine
Measured surface figure on a 250
mm diameter fused silica flat
- Ultra-high form accuracy: better than 6nm P-V deviation from
a perfectly flat or long radii of curvature surface.
- High NA: spherical surfaces polished to better than 20 nm
- Ultra-low waviness: ripples of spatial wavelength 1 - 100
mm less than 1 nm RMS.
- Super-smooth surfaces: less than 0.1 nm RMS surface roughness
and surface quality better than 10/5.
- Calibration certificates available.
- Substrates from 1 mm to 500 mm diameter.
- Tooling available for curves between several mm to 20 metres
radius of curvature.
- Long radius curves (500 m to 20 km) available on request.